As a UBC Sauder student, you have access to a team of dedicated professionals who are here to support you every step of the way.
Your appointment checklist
Prepare. Before meeting with your advisor/coach, do some preliminary research and make a list of your questions.
Show up and be on time. If you book an appointment that you don’t attend, you’ll have prevented another classmate from scheduling a meeting at that time.
Be organized. Takes notes on the answers to your questions and any recommendations.
Follow up. If you’ve been asked to provide additional information or take other action after your appointment, do so promptly.
Undergraduate Office (UGO)
The advising team in the Undergraduate Office (UGO) can answer questions about academic regulations and policies, offer support in times of adversity, provide information on campus services, and introduce you to interesting and rewarding opportunities to enrich your university experience.
Top five reasons to visit the UGO
- You need help planning your courses.
- You'd like clarification on promotion and advancement requirements, and other academic rules, regulations and policies.
- You have a problem, but don’t know where to start to find campus support and resources.
- You've missed classes or an exam because of illness or an emergency.
- You want to learn more about options, minors, international exchange, and other academic programs to enrich your studies.
Schedule an advising appointment
Use the self-serve online booking system to reserve your academic advising appointment. Interested in studying abroad on exchange? You can also book an exchange advising appointment using the booking system with BCom international programs advisor, Ann Gilray.
Canaccord Learning Commons (CLC) and David Lam Library
Plan for academic success with the help of staff in the Canaccord Learning Commons (CLC) and David Lam Library. Get project research support and acquire strategies for effective time management, study skills, and dealing with stress. One-on-one coaching is also available to help you sharpen your math and writing skills.
Top five reasons to visit the Learning Commons and Library
- Borrow books or equipment from our Service Desk.
- Find group and silent study spaces, and bookable group study rooms.
- Access coaching services and academic support.
- Access ebooks and business databases, and browse our "Great Reads" collection of popular business books.
- Use specialized software in our Digital Media Lab and Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre.
Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre (BCC)
Visit a coach in the Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre (BCC) for help matching your natural abilities, work style, motivations and interests to employment opportunities. Take advantage of personalized coaching and mentoring, co-operative learning placements, and employer information and recruitment events. Get the support you need to develop effective job search skills such as networking, interviewing, and writing covers and resumes that get attention.
Top five reasons to visit the BCC
- You'd like one-on-one career coaching to help you clarify your career goals or career options.
- You want to develop vital career skills, such as resume and cover letter writing, interviewing, and networking.
- You're looking for job opportunities to gain work experience.
- You'd like more information on navigating COOL, UBC Sauder’s job and events database.
- You have no specific questions, but you're wondering about your future and would like to talk it over with qualified career coach.
Schedule a career coaching appointment
Coaching is offered by appointment and bookable through COOL. If you’d like to speak with a fellow student, career coaching appointments with trained career peer advisors are also offered and bookable through COOL.