Digital Media Lab
The Digital Media Lab offers students the resources to work on multimedia projects and assignments using high quality equipment and programs.
Located in the Canaccord Learning Commons room 221, the Digital Media Lab gives students the chance to learn valuable skills that can enhance class presentations, club resources, and personal projects. Four mac workstations are generally available on a first-come, first-served basis, but can also be booked in advance for two hours at a time. Video cameras, microphones and other types of equipment are also available for loan at the CLC Service Desk.
What is available in the Digital Media Lab?
- Drop-in help from the Digital Media Lab Expert
- Four Apple Mac workstations with double screens
- iMovie, Final Cut X, Camtasia, and Adobe Premier Pro for video editing
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign for picture and print creation
- Audacity for sound editing
- One video capture station
- High fidelity microphones and soundproof room for sound recording or online interviews
- One scanner and workstation
- How-to manuals for all equipment and software
The Recording Room
The CLC Recording Room is a soundproof space inside the Digital Media Lab for the purposes of recording or completing an online interview. It is equipped with a computer station, webcam, and large screen. This space can be booked online through the Room Booking page.
Got the right gear?
From high-end microphones to graphics tablets, we have all the equipment to help you succeed in your media project. Visit the Service Desk for any questions about borrowing equipment.
Get help in the lab
One on one support is available throughout the week from our Digital Medial Lab student assistants. Please drop in for assistance!
- Starting September 16th, 2019: Mondays and Wednesdays: 1pm to 4pm.
- Location: The CLC in the Digital Media Lab.