Digital Media Lab
COVID-19 UPDATE: Online Digital Media Lab Office Hours available Monday, March 23 through Friday, April 3
Get (online) help on media-based projects:
One on one support is available throughout the week from our Digital Medial Lab student assistants.
Online Office Hours:
- Monday, March 23 – Friday, April 3: Tuesdays & Thursdays - 10am-1pm Vancouver local time (pacific standard time)
- Drop-in, no need to book an appointment!
- Location:Zoom (Meeting ID: 543-118-8323)
The Digital Media Lab offers students the resources to work on multimedia projects and assignments using high quality equipment and programs.
Located in the Canaccord Learning Commons room 221, the Digital Media Lab gives students the chance to learn valuable skills that can enhance class presentations, club
Digital Media workshops have been cancelled for the remainder of the term.
What is available in the Digital Media Lab?
- Drop-in help from the Digital Media Lab Expert
- Four Apple Mac workstations with double screens
- iMovie, Final Cut X, Camtasia, and Adobe Premier Pro for video editing
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign for picture and print creation
- Audacity for sound editing
- One video capture station
- High fidelity microphones and soundproof room for sound recording or online interviews
- One scanner and workstation
- How-to manuals for all equipment and software
The Recording Room
The CLC Recording Room is a soundproof space inside the Digital Media Lab for the purposes of recording or completing an online interview. It is equipped with a computer station, webcam, and large screen. This space can be booked online through the Room Booking page.
Got the right gear?
From high-end microphones to graphics tablets, we have all the equipment to help you succeed in your media project. Visit the Service Desk for any questions about borrowing equipment.