The Canaccord Learning Commons offers a variety of study space options to individuals and groups. Try out our different spaces to see which one suits you and your study style.
Learning Commons and Library
The Canaccord Learning Commons (CLC) and David Lam Management Research Library is a hub for UBC Sauder students.
The CLC offers a variety of services and opportunities to help students achieve academic success and make the most of their time at the UBC Sauder School of Business.
Reasons to visit the CLC
- Access coaching services, including writing and research help, subject specific support, and academic success coaching
- Find and borrow print books and course reserves
- Borrow equipment, including laptops, cameras, projectors, and chargers
- Find group and silent study spaces or reserve a bookable group study room
- Access ebooks and business databases
- Browse the "Great Reads" collection of popular business books
- Use specialized software in the Digital Media Lab, the Leith Wheeler Investment Research Lab, and the Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre
- Use printers, photocopiers, scanners, and desktop workstations
The Learning Commons and Library offers a variety of services tailored to your needs as a UBC Sauder student which will help you succeed academically.
Learning Commons and Library team
Head, David Lam Library and Canaccord Learning Commons
As Head of the David Lam Library and Canaccord Learning Commons, my role is to manage the staff, services and collections of the learning commons and library. As part of the reference and instructional team, I also am available to help BComs with their questions around finding secondary research.
As a librarian, my passion is helping give BCom students access to every intelligent business information resource that the Library has to offer. These can be used for projects, career research, interview preparation, and more. I handle our digital databases and also teach information literacy classes, so feel free to approach me if you have any questions and suggestions!
Investment Labs Coordinator
Manager, Canaccord Learning Commons
My role is to coordinate our co-curricular programming and Learning Commons services. I oversee our coaching programs and the variety of student staff who work in the CLC. I'm always happy to hear feedback and suggestions from students. Enjoy the Learning Commons and take advantage of programs and services, they're here for you!
As a librarian, my role is to support UBC Sauder students with their research and to help them learn how to access and find business information. I am also responsible for purchasing materials for the library such as electronic and print books, journals, databases, etc. Students may also see me teaching information literacy in some of their classes as well as providing reference help.