Research for assignments
David Lam Librarians are available to provide research help virtually via Zoom. The Zoom Meeting will be available from 1pm-4pm from Mondays- Fridays.
The instructions on how to log into Zoom:
Join via browser in 3 easy steps:
1. Go to zoom.us/join
2. Enter Meeting ID: 604-822-9400
3. Click Join
For other ways to join Zoom using other gadgets, click here for more information.
- Staffing these drop-in hours is dependent on librarian availability and could change without notice. If no one is available during the regular drop-in hours, please submit your request via email: email@example.com.
- Not available during these times? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within two business days.
Many of your class assignments will require you to find high quality information on an industry, company, consumer group, location or business topic.
- Find books, articles, library databases and websites on topic-based online research guides.
- Find guides to researching assignments for selected courses (e.g., COMM 296, COMM 390) on course guides.
Evaluate and cite information sources
Reputable business information comes from a variety of sources. You may need to find information from library databases and/or freely available internet sources. It's important for you to evaluate your sources to ensure that you are using reputable and appropriate information. Consider:
- Author/organization credentials
Top research topics
Learn how and where to research companies and industries for case competitions.
Find information sources on the business and economic climate and business culture for different countries.
Data sources for popular finance and investment topics.