BCom online learning and support
Student support staff in the Undergraduate Office (UGO), Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre (BCC), Canaccord Learning Commons (CLC) and David Lam Management Research Library (DLAM) will continue to support BCom students through virtual programming and services.
We have been working hard to ensure that your student experience will be a positive one.
Investments in virtual learning
We have made investments in virtual learning to provide you with a high-quality and engaging educational experience. Our faculty and staff remain completely committed to providing you with the excellent education for which UBC Sauder is renowned, regardless of the mode of delivery. Please visit keeplearning.ubc.ca to learn more about the technologies used at UBC.
In addition to in-person services, we continue to provide student support through email and online platforms during business hours from Monday to Friday.
You'll find many of the answers to your questions about your program—as well as resources and services available to support you—on this site and at students.ubc.ca. We encourage you to start by reviewing our Frequently Asked Questions page. If you still have questions or concerns, please visit our virtual office during business hours to ask a quick question in the chat or schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
Additional online resources:
Please click on the support service below for instructions on how to book an online appointment.
Please use our self-serve booking system to check for available times and schedule your online appointment with an academic advisor.
Book an online advising appointment
Visit our virtual office during business hours to ask a quick question in the chat.
Visit our virtual office in Zoom by clicking the button above. We encourage you to edit your display name in Zoom to your first name only before joining the virtual office waiting room (i.e., our “lobby”) to protect your privacy. Please do not include your last name or student number in your display name or the group chat as this private information will be viewable by everyone in the virtual office.
- If you have a time-sensitive inquiry or you would like to book an advising appointment, please wait to be connected with one of our team members.
- If you are joining the virtual office to attend your scheduled advising appointment, please wait for your advisor to move you to their private breakout room (“office”) for your meeting.
Monday-Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm
To make a 1:1 coaching appointment with a BCom Career Manager or a Co-op Manager, take the following steps:
- Log into COOL using your CWL
- Click on the “Coaching & Calendar” tab and click “Coaching Appointment”
- Click “Request a Coaching Appointment”
- Select the type of coaching appointment you would like to book
- Select "Virtual Coaching Appointment" as your location for virtual appointments or "Business Career Centre" for in-person appointments
- Select "Check Availability"
- Once you select a date and time that works for you, fill in the required fields and click “Submit Request”
Access Communications Coach Appointments, PASS Sessions, Finance Lab Office Hours, Digital Media Lab Office Hours, Excel-help Office Hours, and Financial Databases.
Virtual research support
Monday-Friday: 1:00pm to 4:00pm