BCom online learning and support
In order to protect the health and safety of students, faculty, and staff during the global pandemic, UBC Sauder will deliver 2020 Winter Term 1 (September to December) and Term 2 (January to April) courses in a fully online format. Student support staff in the Undergraduate Office (UGO), Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre (BCC), Canaccord Learning Commons (CLC) and David Lam Management Research Library (DLAM) will continue to support BCom students through virtual programming and services.
We have been working hard to ensure that your online experience will be a positive one. We will be delivering both synchronous and asynchronous online learning to accommodate students that live in different time zones.
Investments in virtual learning
We have made new investments in virtual learning to provide you with a high quality and engaging educational experience. Our faculty and staff remain completely committed to providing you with the excellent education for which UBC Sauder is renowned, regardless of the mode of delivery. Please visit keeplearning.ubc.ca to learn more about the technologies used at UBC.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and UBC’s response
Please visit covid19.ubc.ca for the most up-to-date and authoritative source of information about the University’s response to COVID-19.
Our physical offices are closed, but we continue to provide student support through email and online platforms during business hours from Monday to Friday. We are also offering online advising appointments.
You'll find many of the answers to your questions about your program—as well as resources and services available to support you—on this site and at students.ubc.ca. If you still have questions or concerns, please visit our virtual office during business hours to ask a quick question in the chat or schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
Additional online resources:
UGO online request forms:
- Academic concession requests: mybcom.sauder.ubc.ca/academic-concession
- Letter requests: mybcom.sauder.ubc.ca/letters
- Registration assistance: mybcom.sauder.ubc.ca/regi-assist
- Degree credit checks: Requests for degree checks cannot be submitted at this time. Refer to program requirements for guidance. If you have questions about your degree. please email email@example.com
Please visit mybcom.sauder.ubc.ca/clc for updates regarding delivery of academic support programs including Peer Assisted Study Sessions and Communication Coaching.
The CLC, in partnership with Learning Services, is now offering technical support for students required to complete online presentations. This includes troubleshooting and assistance using Blackboard Collaborate, Kaltura Capture, and/or Panopto. Trained team members are available to provide additional written or video guidance, or to set up one on one/group meetings in their virtual offices.
To request technical assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your course number and section, presentation details and due date, which platform you are required to use, and your specific question or concern.
The Library Campus Closure Guide contains all relevant library resources and information for UBC Sauder students during the campus closure.
Campus Safety during COVID-19
This page contains information about COVID-related campus rules, study spaces, what’s open on campus etc.
Information about the impact of COVID-19 on immigration, study permits, health insurance, and travel to Canada for international students.
UBC Student Assistance Program (UBC SAP)
Provides free, 24/7 personal counselling and life coaching for all UBC students. Services are available by phone, video, face to face (where available), e-counselling and in multiple languages. UBC SAP is available 24/7 and free for all registered UBC students.
- Students within North America, can call toll-free 1 833 590 1328.
- Students outside of North America, can call collect: 1 604 757 9734.
- Online: Aspiria website
- UBC Vancouver students login using UBCV for both the student code and password.
- UBC Okanagan students login using UBCO for both the student code and password.
Tuition and fees
Information about the impact of COVID-19 on tuition and fees for all students.
Contains the latest updates and information about student housing.
Join our virtual community and start building relationships with your fellow students.
Please click on the support service below for instructions on how to book an online appointment.
Virtual academic advising
Monday-Friday: 10:00am to 3:00pm
Visit our virtual office during business hours to schedule an appointment.
Visit our virtual office by clicking the button above. Please use your preferred name only. Do not include your last name or student number as this private information will be viewable to everyone in the Main Room (our virtual reception area, i.e., our “lobby”).
- If you have a quick question or you would like to book an advising appointment, select the Raise Hand icon at the bottom of your screen. Do not select Raise Hand more than once as this will move you to the end of the queue. Please wait patiently for one of our team members to respond; they will send a direct message to you in the chat as soon as they are available.
- If you already have an appointment, please wait for your advisor to move you to their private office for your scheduled one-on-one meeting.
Virtual career coaching
Monday-Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Monday and Thursday: 12:30pm to 1:30pm
No appointment needed.
Access Communications Coach Appointments, PASS Sessions, Finance Lab Office Hours, Digital Media Lab Office Hours, Excel-help Office Hours, and Financial Databases.
Virtual research support
Monday-Friday: 1:00pm to 4:00pm