Discover ways to gain experience for the career path you want.
Discover ways to develop skills & make connections
Work experience comes in all shapes and sizes, and every little bit counts. Whether you:
- Dive into internships;
- Work part-time during the school year;
- Volunteer for causes you care about; or
- Participate in clubs, there are many ways to build your resume as you complete your BCom degree.
The Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre (BCC) provides BComs free access to a wide range of resources to help you build your experience portfolio.
Seizing different opportunities will not only help make your resume stand out to future employers, but it will also help you:
- Test-drive different careers to figure out what you like and don’t like
- Gain transferrable workplace skills such as teamwork, communication, and problem-solving
- Meet peers, professionals, alumni, and mentors who will become part of your expanded network
- Make career decisions
How to get started?
Explore how you can gain meaningful experience while you study and after graduation:
Navigate Your Career Journey
Trying to figure out what type of work interests you? Or maybe you’re wondering what resources can help you achieve your goals? No matter where you are in your unique career journey, you can use our career development model to help navigate your personal and professional goals at UBC Sauder and beyond.