Industry Events & Workshops
Make meaningful connections with peers, employers, and UBC Sauder alumni
The Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre (BCC) organizes various employer and alumni events throughout the year to help you
- explore your career interests
- develop your skills
- make lasting connections with the business community
- get face-to-face with employers actively hiring
Explore events posted on COOL and watch the BCC's BCom Careers Newsletter (and Co-op Newsletter if applicable) for upcoming events.
Ways to connect with employers
Company Recruiting Sessions (CRS)
Throughout the year, we offer Company Recruiting Sessions (CRS). You can learn from and meet employers actively recruiting students at these events. The BCC brings in companies from a wide variety of industries, including:
- Real Estate
- Supply Chain
Why attend a CRS?
As the name suggests, these are recruiting events. Employers attending want to connect with potential candidates to work for their organizations. These sessions allow you to meet employers, make a great impression, and have your application rise to the top of the pile.
You will also have opportunities to talk to staff, and UBC Sauder alumni working at organizations you're interested in to learn what working there is like.
Check COOL regularly for upcoming sessions.
Have questions about networking?
Stop by Drop-in to chat with the BCC’s team of Career Peer Advisors, on weekdays during the term, 11 am – 2 pm, in CPA Hall, right in front of the BCC. Or, book a Networking & Connecting coaching & advising appointment on COOL for networking tactics and personalized 1:1 support.
Learn from UBC Sauder Alumni: Beyond Vancouver Panel Series
Is working outside of Vancouver right for you? The BCC's Beyond Vancouver Panel Series will give you intel to help you determine if working outside of Vancouver aligns with your personal and professional goals.
Learn directly from UBC Sauder alumni working in other locations in technology, marketing, finance, and consulting. Hear what it's like to adjust to a new city!
Upcoming Beyond Vancouver panels include:
|Tech Panel | Virtual | Tuesday, Oct. 5th, 2023, 6 pm - 7:15 pm PST | Register on COOL*|
|Marketing Panel | Virtual | Tuesday, Nov. 28th, 2023, 6 pm - 7:15 pm PST | Register on COOL*|
|Finance Panel | Virtual | Tuesday, Jan. 30th, 2024, 12 pm - 1:15 pm PST | Register on COOL*|
|Consulting Panel | Virtual | Tuesday, Mar. 19th, 2024, 12 pm - 1:15 pm PST | Register on COOL*|
*event registration will open on COOL closer to the event date
Spring Hiring Fair
Connect with employers actively recruiting and build relationships with business professionals and alumni. This event is geared for 4th+ year BComs and BCom Co-ops looking for full-time employment. Students are encouraged to research the companies attending in advance and prepare to ask questions.
Date: Thursday, February 29th, 2024
*Registration will open on COOL closer to the event
The Business Career Centre thanks the Commerce Undergraduate Society for supporting the Spring Hiring Fair.
UBC-wide career events & workshops
Along with events hosted by the BCC, you can also check out events hosted by the UBC Career Centre. Make the most of their career events typically held each year:
- Career Days: Visit the 2-day in-person career fair that features over 90 employers from various industries, eager to engage with students and alumni to share career opportunities and insights.
- West Coast Virtual Fairs: Find work, volunteer, and academic opportunities available after your UBC degree at this 2-day, multi-school virtual fair.
- Spring Career Fair: Take part in UBC's 2-day event and meet around 90 employers and schools for potential career opportunities.
- Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Conference: Attend the MURC to present your research to other UBC students, friends, and family.
- Graduate and Professional Schools Fair: Meet recruiters from graduate and professional programs to learn about further educational opportunities at UBC and beyond.
Find out more about UBC Career Centre events and workshops here.
Get involved on campus
Case competitions and conferences
By participating in student-led case competitions, conferences and club activities, you can apply your classroom learning and meet people from the business community, including potential employers.
- The UBC Sauder Summit Global Case Competition is organized and hosted by UBC Sauder students each March.
- The Case Competition Club organizes internal and external competitions, including the National Strategy Consulting Competition and Conference and the Strategy Consulting Initiative.
- You can also take part in the UBC Sauder student-run conferences Me Inc. and Imprint.
Look for opportunities to get involved throughout the year!