Career Exploration Resources
Explore different career paths & start your career planning today!
Are you interested in learning about different industries? Or maybe you’re wondering what skills and experiences can equip you for your chosen career path.
Check out the career exploration resources below to develop a more robust understanding of:
- How and where to do career research
- Different career paths and what they involve
- Ways to get support with career exploration
Ways to get started
Self-guided toolkits designed for UBC Sauder students
Career Research Toolkit
Whether you have a solid career goal or are still figuring things out, researching is essential to building a fulfilling career.
Find recommended resources, questions to ask, and tools for doing your research.
Role Alignment Toolkit
As you search for jobs, it’s helpful to know if the jobs you're finding align with your career goals and if you align with the job’s requirements.
This toolkit highlights which industries require certain grades, what to think about for locations, and when professional designations are needed.
Working In Guides
Curious about what different career paths have to offer? Check out the BCC's Working In guides on COOL for a deep dive into the following fields:
CWL login is required to access all Working In guides.
Career resources for historically marginalized students
Campus partners have teamed up to create career resources for Indigenous students, students of colour, students with disabilities and LGBTQ2SIA+ students. These guides cover answers to your FAQs and link you to campus and community resources to help you thrive. Check them out!
Vault Career Guides & Rankings
Find in-depth intelligence on what it's really like to work in different industries, companies, or professions. With Vault, you get unlimited access to:
- Career Guides & Advice: Access guides on a wide range of industries and roles, along with interviewing and networking tips
- Company Rankings & Profiles: Find insider information on where people love to work and what might make an employer the right fit for you
- Jobs & Internships: Find opportunities and get all the details on top internship programs
- Exclusive Events: Discover career fairs where you can meet and interview with employers
How to access Vault
The BCC provides all BCom students free access to Vault to support their career exploration. Follow the below steps:
- Login to COOL
- Click on Resources in the top navigation
- Scroll down, then click the Vault link > Get Started > Register now
- Complete the registration form using your preferred email address
- Create your profile to tailor the content you want to see and more
(CWL login required)
Enhance your skills with LinkedIn Learning to help you achieve your goals. All degree-seeking UBC Vancouver students have access to LinkedIn Learning, where you can build skills, browse career ideas, and achieve your personal goals. Register to access over 16,000+ free courses covering topics such as how to research career options, different career paths, and more.
LinkedIn Guys Masterclass
Interested in using ChatGPT for career exploration but don't know where to start? Check out the LinkedIn Guys Masterclass: Bonus Resources, which includes:
- "How to Use ChatGPT to Find the Perfect Career"
- “ChatGPT for Career Exploration Next Steps”
Access the LinkedIn Guys Masterclass for free from the BCC by enrolling, creating a new account and completing your purchase with a 100% discount coupon automatically applied at checkout.
Talking with people working in areas you’re interested in is a great way to increase your understanding of working in different careers.
Learn best practices and tips for connecting with professionals and building your network here.
Navigate Your Career Journey
Trying to figure out what type of work interests you? Or maybe you’re wondering what resources can help you achieve your goals? No matter where you are in your unique career journey, you can use our career development model to help navigate your personal and professional goals at UBC Sauder and beyond.