Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre
Access up to the minute data and cutting edge analysis systems.
Located just outside the Canaccord Learning Commons in room 238, the Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre (WDIAC) offers students and faculty access to industry databases and financial analysis systems including:
- five Bloomberg terminals
- four Standard and Poor's Capital IQ workstations
- four Thompson Reuters Datastream workstations
About Wayne Deans
Wayne Deans has been actively involved with UBC’s BCom program for the past 25 years since helping to establish UBC Sauder’s prestigious Portfolio Management Foundation (PMF) program. Wanting to give students a tool that would benefit them in their studies and their careers after graduation, he provided a $2.2 million gift that provides students dramatically increased access to financial tools and technology used by leading investment banking professionals.
Our Investment Lab Student Assistants are available throughout the week to support students in learning how to use the terminals and in accessing the best data for their needs.
- Starting January 14th 2019: Monday 12pm to 1pm, Tuesday 10am to 1pm, Wednesday 12pm to 1pm and Thursday 10am to 2pm (reading break excluded).
- Location: In the Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre.
- Check COOL for workshop information - time, location, and topics.
- Or email the Student Assistants with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment for financial databases questions, introductory training and related course project support. Please contact the Lab Coordinator Fei Song if you have further questions.
Want to read more about the finance databases?
Access financial database information and get started using Captial IQ and Bloomberg with the Library's research guides.
Investment Analysis Centre policies
- Ethical and appropriate use of data
- Respectful behaviour
- Respectful use of the space
Ethical and appropriate use of data
- Use of the Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre is for academic research purposes only. Commercial use is strictly prohibited.
- Sharing passwords for computers or databases is strictly prohibited and could result in withdrawal of access.
- The software, data, and services provided in the Centre may not be furnished to others or used for business purposes.
- Respect your fellow students. Maintain a quiet and professional atmosphere. Limit conversation.
- Refrain from using cellphones in the Centre. Leave the room to make or receive a call.
- Use of the Centre is restricted to finance databases. Be prepared to move away from a workstation if you are not using a specialized finance database or if the terminal has been pre-booked by another user. Use computers in the Learning Commons for other purposes.
- Do not eat or drink in the Centre.
Respectful use of the space
- Tidy your area and sign off the computer when you are finished using the workstation.
- Do not move furniture in or out of the room, or tamper with computer cables or other equipment.
- Contact the Learning Commons and Library Service Desk with problems or questions about the room.