Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre
The WDIAC is currently closed, please see below regarding the status of remote access to financial databases and systems:
Bloomberg: more details can be found here.
Standard and Poor's Capital IQ: email Investment Labs Coordinator, Fei Song (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your full legal name, UBC email address, expected graduation year, and the reason why you would like to set up a remote account and she will activate an account for you.
Morningstar Direct: email Investment Labs Coordinator, Fei Song (email@example.com) with your full legal name, UBC email address, expected graduation year, and the reason why you would like to set up a remote account and she will send you log-in credentials that you can use by Downloading the desktop app or logging in on the Morningstar website.
Thompson Reuters Datastream: not available for remote access.
SDC Platinum: not available for remote access.
The Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre:
Located just outside the Canaccord Learning Commons in room HA238, the Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre (WDIAC) offers students and faculty access to industry databases and financial analysis systems including Bloomberg, Standard and Poor’s Capital IQ, Thompson Reuters Datastream, Morningstar Direct and Rotman Interactive Trader.
During the Fall and winter terms the centre has Student Assistants available for office hours and workshops to support fellow students in learning how to use the financial databases and in accessing the best data for their needs. To find out more about the important work they offer, please check out this video.
About Wayne Deans:
Wayne Deans has been actively involved with UBC’s BCom program for the past 25 years since helping to establish UBC Sauder’s prestigious Portfolio Management Foundation (PMF) program. Wanting to give students a tool that would benefit them in their studies and their careers after graduation, he provided a $2.2 million gift that provides students dramatically increased access to financial tools and technology used by leading investment banking professionals.
Want to read more about the finance databases?
Access financial database information and get started using Captial IQ and Bloomberg with the Library's research guides.
Investment Analysis Centre policies
- Ethical and appropriate use of data
- Respectful behaviour
- Respectful use of the space
Ethical and appropriate use of data
- Use of the Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre is for academic research purposes only. Commercial use is strictly prohibited.
- Sharing passwords for computers or databases is strictly prohibited and could result in withdrawal of access.
- The software, data, and services provided in the Centre may not be furnished to others or used for business purposes.
- Respect your fellow students. Maintain a quiet and professional atmosphere. Limit conversation.
- Refrain from using cellphones in the Centre. Leave the room to make or receive a call.
- Use of the Centre is restricted to finance databases. Be prepared to move away from a workstation if you are not using a specialized finance database or if the terminal has been pre-booked by another user. Use computers in the Learning Commons for other purposes.
- Do not eat or drink in the Centre.
Respectful use of the space
- Tidy your area and sign off the computer when you are finished using the workstation.
- Do not move furniture in or out of the room, or tamper with computer cables or other equipment.
- Contact the Learning Commons and Library Service Desk with problems or questions about the room.