Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre
Remote Financial Database Access, Online Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre Office Hours & Excel Coaching Office Hours available Monday, March 23 through Friday, April 3
(Remote) access to up to the minute data and cutting edge analysis systems.
Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre (WDIAC) is equipped to offer students and faculty remote access to industry databases and financial analysis systems including:
- Standard and Poor's Capital IQ: email Investment Labs Coordinator, Fei Song (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your full legal name, UBC email address, expected graduation year, and the reason why you would like to set up a remote account and she will activate an account for you
- Rotman Interactive Trader: download the RIT software; log on to the UBC VPN to use the software; create your own ID and password; enter “rit.sauder.ubc.ca” in Server box; leave “10000” as it is.
- Morningstar Direct: email Investment Labs Coordinator, Fei Song (email@example.com) with your full legal name, UBC email address, expected graduation year, and the reason why you would like to set up a remote account and she will send you log-in credentials that you can use by Downloading the desktop app or logging in on the Morningstar website
- Bloomberg: not available for remote access
- Thompson Reuters Datastream: not available for remote access
- SDC Platinum: not available for remote access
(Online) staff assistance
Our Investment Lab Assistants are available online throughout the week to support students in learning how to use financial databases and in accessing the best data for their needs.
Online Office Hours:
- Monday, March 23 – Friday, April 3: Tuesdays & Thursdays - 10am-1pm Vancouver local time (pacific standard time)
- Drop-in, no need to book an appointment!
- Location:Zoom (Meeting ID: 798-715-1825)
Have a question outside of these hours? Contact our Lab Assistants at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WDIAC Workshops have been cancelled for the remainder of the term. The phsyical space of the WDIAC is now closed.
Located just outside the Canaccord Learning Commons in room 238, the Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre (WDIAC) offers students and faculty access to industry databases and financial analysis systems including:
- five Bloomberg terminals
- four Standard and Poor's Capital IQ workstations
- four Thompson Reuters Datastream workstations
About Wayne Deans
Wayne Deans has been actively involved with UBC’s BCom program for the past 25 years since helping to establish UBC Sauder’s prestigious Portfolio Management Foundation (PMF) program. Wanting to give students a tool that would benefit them in their studies and their careers after graduation, he provided a $2.2 million gift that provides students dramatically increased access to financial tools and technology used by leading investment banking professionals.
Want to read more about the finance databases?
Access financial database information and get started using Captial IQ and Bloomberg with the Library's research guides.
Investment Analysis Centre policies
- Ethical and appropriate use of data
- Respectful behaviour
- Respectful use of the space
Ethical and appropriate use of data
- Use of the Wayne Deans Investment Analysis Centre is for academic research purposes only. Commercial use is strictly prohibited.
- Sharing passwords for computers or databases is strictly prohibited and could result in withdrawal of access.
- The software, data, and services provided in the Centre may not be furnished to others or used for business purposes.
- Respect your fellow students. Maintain a quiet and professional atmosphere. Limit conversation.
- Refrain from using cellphones in the Centre. Leave the room to make or receive a call.
- Use of the Centre is restricted to finance databases. Be prepared to move away from a workstation if you are not using a specialized finance database or if the terminal has been pre-booked by another user. Use computers in the Learning Commons for other purposes.
- Do not eat or drink in the Centre.
Respectful use of the space
- Tidy your area and sign off the computer when you are finished using the workstation.
- Do not move furniture in or out of the room, or tamper with computer cables or other equipment.
- Contact the Learning Commons and Library Service Desk with problems or questions about the room.