Co-op. Beyond Work Experience.
With the UBC Sauder Co-op Program, you will get 12 months of work experience that is relevant to your BCom degree while getting paid to do it. So when you graduate, you’ll have professional experience, new skills and a network to help you launch your career and put you on the fast track to success.
You can apply to the Co-op Program at the beginning of your second or third year of your studies at UBC Sauder. You must be enrolled full-time and meet minimum academic requirements. Once accepted into the program, you will alternate four- or eight-months of full-time work with academic terms. Participation in the Co-op program will add one to two terms to the completion of your degree.
- Business and Computer Science
- Business Technology Management
- General Business Management
- Global Supply Chain & Logistics Management
- Operations and Logistics
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources
- Real Estate
Did you know?
Over the course of the program, you’re likely to earn approximately $36,000 and 2020 Co-op grads had an average annual salary that was $8,769 higher compared to the general BCom population.
5 reasons to join Co-op
No matter who you are or what career path you are interested in, the Co-op Program will help you to:
- Get relevant work experience and develop professional development skills that you can use to launch your career after graduation
- Explore various career parths by working in different roles and workplaces
- Develop confidence to enter the workplace after graduation
- Access Co-op Managers to help guide you throughout your Co-op journey through personalized 1:1 coaching and advising appointments
- Access peer support, including the sharing of knowledge and opportunities, from your fellow Co-op students within the greater UBC Sauder Co-op Community
Participating in the Co-op Program has been such an inspirational and memorable experience for me. The projects that I executed at the City of Richmond and MNP were really diverse, which helped me develop a broader skillset and discover what career paths interest me. Through Co-op, I also had invaluable opportunities to work alongside and learn from talented, experienced and passionate professionals in various fields. The time I spent on Co-op fueled my drive to learn and be curious and challenged me to consistently push myself outside my comfort zone, which really accelerated my professional development. When I first joined the Program, I was a bit unsure about what career direction I wanted to take, but I'm excited to say that thanks to Co-op, I now have a clear vision for my career path after graduation.
- Larissa F., Marketing Co-op
On the third week of my Co-op at PepsiCo, I was flown to Calgary to present the staffing process to all HR managers and directors in Canada West.Maggie Kong, HR Co-op
Working with adidas and Heineken really helped me understand the job segments that interest me and I’m passionate about. And isn’t that the ultimate goal? After all, you don’t want to be doing something you don’t love!Celine Grootes, Marketing Co-op
Being a part of the Co-op program has given me incredible hands-on experience, and I’m constantly learning new things and being challenged every day. Through the program, I have the opportunity to take on a job I love, build relationships with amazing people, and be empowered to be a leader in the workplace.Lydia C., OBHR Co-op