Interview Prep Resources
Preparation is key! Get interview-ready
Job interviews can be both exciting and nerve-wracking. Practicing and preparing is the best way to boost your confidence and land the job you want.
Interviews are your chance to shine and to tell your unique story in more detail. Do this by clearly showcasing your
- What you can bring to the role and organization
Doing your homework before every interview to understand the role, organization, and industry will help you feel more confident, stand out, and land the position you want.
Ways to get started
Self-guided toolkits designed for UBC Sauder students
Interview Skills Toolkit
Interviews are as much an opportunity for you to assess the company recruiting you as they are for the company to evaluate you.
This Toolkit will teach you about what interviewers are looking for, how to prep for different types of interviews, what questions to ask, and more!
Networking & Informational Interviews Toolkit
Before the interview, you can start building connections within the organization you want to work for via informational interviews (also known as coffee chats).
Learn tips on how to do this with this Toolkit.
How can you get more support?
Stop by Drop-in to chat with the BCC’s team of Career Peer Advisors
When: Weekdays during the term, 11 am – 2 pm
Where: CPA Hall, in front of the BCC
Or, book an Interview Prep + Strategies coaching & advising appointment on COOL for personalized 1:1 support.
(CWL login required)
Interested in using ChatGPT to prepare for interviews but don't know where to start? Check out the LinkedIn Guys Masterclass: Bonus Resources, which includes:
- "How to Use ChatGPT to Prepare for Interview Success"
- "ChatGPT for Interview Prep Next Steps"
Access the LinkedIn Guys Masterclass for free from the BCC by enrolling, creating a new account and completing your purchase with a 100% discount coupon automatically applied at checkout.
Also, check out:
- Read How to Deal with Interview Anxiety on Vault. Access more career prep resources from Vault by going to COOL Resources > Online Career Resources > Vault
- Do you have a case interview coming up? Check out the BCC’s resources designed to prepare you for case interviews.
- Wondering what to do after your interview goes well and you receive a job offer? Take a look at our negotiation resources.