BCom course planning worksheets
Keep track of your BCom degree requirements and credits with your personalized course planning worksheet
Please note that Degree Navigator is not available to BCom students via the SSC.
How to use the worksheet
Download the Excel file containing the worksheets (below).
In the file, select the tab that corresponds to the year you started in the program (direct entry in Year 1 or transfer to Year 2 or 3) and your primary (or intended) specialization.
In the unlocked columns, insert the number of credits for each course you have completed and are currently registered in. You can also type in specific electives you took or are taking in the Electives section of the worksheet.
You will see the courses you need to complete in the Course column of the worksheet.
Save a copy of the worksheet and continue to update it as you progress through the program.
Your course planning worksheet can be used to:
- Confirm you are on track to complete degree requirements.
- Track registered courses against your program requirements to ensure your current registration will result in meeting promotion requirements as planned.
- Plan hypothetical registration scenarios for future sessions, including possible options, concentrations, and minors.
Your course planning worksheet will not:
- Update automatically when you make changes to your registration on the Student Service Centre (SSC).
- Guarantee course registration in particular courses.
- Update requirements automatically if the requirements of your program change.
- Show the number of credits and specific courses you need for a double option, concentration, or minor. Courses that you take to complete these designations will count toward your elective requirements.
- Calculate your degree completion date. You can estimate this date by using the worksheet to determine how many credits you have remaining and then planning which courses to take in each future term.
You are responsible for understanding your BCom program requirements and ensuring that you record your credits accurately in your course planning worksheet. Any questions should be addressed to the Undergraduate Office.
Selecting the correct course planning worksheet
Which course planning worksheet should I use?
Choose the worksheet that corresponds to the year you started in the program (direct entry in Year 1 or transfer to Year 2 or 3) and your primary (or intended) specialization.
What is the difference between a course planning worksheet for students who started the program in Year 1 (direct entry) versus students who transferred into the program?
Students who started in Year 1 are required to complete COMM 101 Business Fundamentals. Students who transferred to Year 2 or Year 3 are not required to take COMM 101 and instead must take an additional elective.
Can I use the course planning worksheet if I have a previous degree?
No. Please refer to the Prior Degree Assessment provided to you when you were admitted to the BCom program.