As member of the UBC Sauder Parent & Family Network, this special gathering gives parents and/or guardians of UBC Sauder students a holistic understanding of the opportunities available within a BCom degree, form a community of parents, and provide resources to effectively help their child while the UBC Sauder School of Business.
Key highlights at this event:
- Hear from and meet Dean Robert Helsley, who will highlight new developments coming to UBC Sauder and what it means to be a part of this world-renowned business school.
- Hear from and meet Senior Associate Dean, Darren Dahl. Also, the BC Council Innovation Professor and Director of the Robert H. Lee Graduate School, Professor Dahl will share his passion and experience teaching undergraduate, MBA, and executive education level courses. He will share some of the unique opportunities and experience available to the UBC Sauder students.
Information booths on site:
- Alumni & Engagement - UBC Sauder’s Alumni Engagement office offers a variety of programming and communications that enrich the lives of UBC Sauder graduates by empowering personal growth, supporting professional development, nourishing pride, and enabling contribution. The team is dedicated to supporting transformative student experiences by facilitating meaningful connections between current students and the alumni network.
- The Canaccord Learning Commons (CLC) and David Lam Library (DLam): provides UBC Sauder students with access to in-person and online resources that promote success in the classroom and beyond. Three specialized labs offer access to financial databases and media software, and a variety of one on one appointments and small group workshops provide support for improving written and spoken communication, studying for challenging courses, and more.
- Co-op Program: allows students to combine academic study with business experience by alternating paid work terms with classroom learning. This team offers personalized coaching as well as a series of workshops and events to prepare students for the job market.
- The Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre (BCC): bridges the gap between UBC Sauder’s academic programs and the business world. Through one-on-one coaching with our experienced career advisors, and tailored workshops and programs focused on career development, we provide students with the opportunity to explore, discover, and realize their career aspirations. Additionally we leverage UBC Sauder's extensive connections to the business community to provide meaningful networking events, information sessions and job opportunities with exceptional companies from multiple industries.
- Parent & Family Network – A network exclusive for parents of Sauder students, a great way to learn about UBC Sauder, get exclusive access to parent resources, find out about services available to Sauder students and alumni, and connect with fellow parents.
- The Undergraduate office (UGO): is the centre of academic advising and support services for undergraduate business students on the UBC Vancouver campus. Goal is to help you from the moment you apply to the BCom program until you graduate, and to facilitate the best possible experience for you during your time with us. Visit us with questions about your program. we can direct you to resources to help you succeed and opportunities to enhance your experience. We're always ready to assist you in navigating student life at UBC.
Learn about the services and resources available to your UBC Sauder student, and connect with other involved parents and families.
8:30am - Sign-in, information booths open
9:30am - Formal program
10:30am Closing remarks, information booths & mingling continues
11:30am - Event concludes
Not registrated for the event?
Join the UBC Sauder Parent & Family Network for current updates, the information guidebook, and future event invitations