COMM 365 - Market Research
Marketing research serves as a central basis for marketing decision-making. This course provides students with a managerial overview of marketing research process and a good understanding and practice of the analytic techniques. You will be exposed to 1) the concept of marketing research, 2) how to conduct marketing research, 3) how to analyze data, 4) how to evaluate the results, 6) how to communicate the findings to others. The course consists of a mix of lectures, discussions of cases, lab tutorials of statistical software, real data analysis practices and a term-long research project. All class sessions will be interactive, requiring you to actively participate in class discussions.
The objectives of this course are:
- to introduce you basic marketing research terminology.
- to train you to translate a management problem into a feasible research question.
- to provide you with a working knowledge of basic research concepts and methods.
- to introduce you real-world marketing research examples in several industries.
- to introduce you new Internet tools useful in marketing research.
- to reveal you opportunities in collecting secondary marketing data on the Internet.
- to introduce you quantitative methods used in marketing data analysis.
- to expose you statistical software commonly used in marketing research.
- to practice you statistical analysis skills.