COMM 386P - Prototyping
COMM 386P will expose you to the fundamentals of prototyping for entrepreneurs and provide key tools for practical advancement of initiatives in innovation, product development, and market identification.
Through hands-on assignments and projects, you'll be taken through a systematic approach to planning and designing different levels of prototypes and learning fundamental tools and methods available in software, mechanical, electronics prototyping to allow customer and stakeholder feedback at early stages and on sub-components.
The course is a senior-level Commerce elective that can count toward Entrepreneurship option requirements.
Upon successful completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- deconstruct a new product or service ideas into component parts that can each be separately prototyped and tested.
- sketch the components of an innovative product or service.
- develop basic abilities in a range of software tools to create 2D and 3D, static and moving prototype models.
- create prototypes at different stages of project development and complexity that can be customer tested.
- present the prototypes to a range of stakeholders.