Recruiters spend an average of 6 seconds looking at a resume. Read on to find out how to make your resume stand out so it gets moved to the "yes" pile.
- Organize your content: The information you need to include in your resume, and how to format it effectively.
- Describe your experience: The formula for how to describe your experience to impress employers.
- Customize your resume: How to align your resume to specific job roles and industries.
- Put it all together: Sample resume template and a resume checklist to quickly get started.
Test your resume with VMock
The VMock platform uses an algorithm to instantly assess your resume’s impact, presentation, and content. VMock lets you:
- Get immediate feedback, anywhere and anytime.
- Strengthen your accomplishment statements to make them more effective.
- Analyze your core competencies to see how you can add more skills to your resume.
- See where you are in relation to UBC Sauder resume standards.
All UBC Sauder BCom students have access to VMock. All you need to do is log in with your CWL.
VMock works best with text-based resumes. If VMock is unable to properly assess your resume because of visual elements, you may wish to try using our resume template.
Book a coaching appointment
The best way to get initial feedback on your resume content is to use VMock. If you have scored at least a 75 on VMock and want more help, book an appointment with a career coach.
We can give you a professional perspective on your resume content and formatting, and help you customize your resume to the job you want.
Look up coaching availability and book an appointment now on COOL.