LinkedIn & Online Presence Toolkit
What do you do when you’re curious about someone? Chances are, you Google them. Employers and recruiters do the same thing when considering candidates for a job. That’s why it’s important for you to build a strong personal brand online.
- Evaluating and building your personal brand: Determine if your digital brand is genuine and effective
- Leveraging LinkedIn: Use your profile, past work and volunteer experience, education, and recommendations on LinkedIn to show your personal brand and your capabilities
- Using the LinkedIn social network: Get recognized and connect with people in industries you want to work in
Download the Toolkit
(CWL login required)
UBC Sauder has its own LinkedIn groups for students and alumni. These are a great resource for getting connected with professionals or peers who are involved in industries or activities that you are interested in. It can be easier to get in touch with people who already have something in common with you—such as that you both went to the same school.
LinkedIn Page: UBC Sauder
- alumni UBC
- UBC BCom Alumni - Official
- UBC Co-op Alumni
- UBC MBA Alumni - Official
- UBC MM Alumni - Official
- University of British Columbia