LUISS Guido Carli and UBC Sauder School of Business combined program
Studiare in Italia! Complete your Bachelor of Commerce Degree at UBC and a Master's Degree in Management at LUISS Guido Carli University in Rome, Italy in just five years.
The combined program is a sequenced program of study in which UBC Sauder students earn a Bachelor of Commerce Degree at UBC followed by a Master's Degree in Management at LUISS (Liberà Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali) Guido Carli University. The Master's Degree is completed in one year rather than the normally required two-year period allowing students to complete both a bachelor's and master's degree in a five-year period.
How it works
UBC Sauder students take approved prerequisite courses while in the BCom program. Following the completion of the four-year BCom degree with an acceptable academic standing, they will be admitted to the Master's Degree at LUISS and receive one full year of transfer credit toward the first year of the LUISS Master's Degree. Following the completion of the second year of the Master's Degree, UBC Sauder students will be granted a LUISS Master's Degree in Management.
Benefits of the combined program
- Earn a bachelor's and master's degree over a five-year period.
- Live and study internationally.
- Gain a global perspective.
- Prepare to work in an increasingly international marketplace.
- Gain international work experience through an internship.
- Earn highly regarded academic degrees from both European and North American business schools providing valuable recognition and improved access to cross-continental labour markets.
- Access the European labour market, including aspects related to work visas, by obtaining a degree from a Bologna Process-approved institution such as LUISS.
Students must apply for and be selected to attend the combined program at LUISS and the UBC Sauder School of Business. A joint selection committee, comprised of representatives from both institutions, determines that applicants have the appropriate prerequisites for admission, and selects the students to be admitted into the program. Ideal candidates have the following attributes:
- Interest in global perspectives and business practices.
- Demonstrated leadership potential.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Extra-curricular involvement.
- A diverse range of interests.
- A second language is an asset.
Admissions decisions are based on a combination of a student’s academic performance and a holistic assessment of the aforementioned attributes.
UBC Sauder School of Business applicants must have completed a minimum of one year in the Bachelor of Commerce program at the time of application and have attained a minimum cumulative average of B+ or 76%. Applicants must submit an application form including an essay, and a resume.
The application deadline is November 25, 2016 at 4:00pm for students wanting to begin their studies at LUISS in September 2017. Interviews will be held for shortlisted applicants.