COMM 464 - Digital Marketing
The purpose of this course is to prepare you as a manager to leverage the power of the Internet and make intelligent strategic and tactical digital decisions. The course will include:
- Looking at earned, owned and bought digital media and how each converge with one another.
- The use of social media in marketing and creating social media campaigns.
- Calculating ROI on digital marketing campaigns.
- Exploration of emerging tools and methods for assessing them.
- Designing and implementing a digital marketing plan.
- Understanding how digital marketing works in relation to the traditional marketing mix, and how digital can be incorporated in offline marketing.
- Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and other media buying tools and platforms.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) from a tactical and strategic perspective.
- Digital marketing talks from guest speakers from Google, Facebook, Ogilvy, and other agencies.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the basic knowledge and skills to:
- Undertake comparative website assessment and make improvement recommendations based on iterative testing methodologies.
- Establish meaningful metrics and provide relevant digital marketing recommendations.
- Design a social media campaign.
- Prepare a comprehensive online marketing program for a real company, identifying the linkages with offline activities.
Note: COMM 464 was formerly titled E-Marketing.
Prerequisite: COMM 296