COHR 303 - Strategic Staffing
The intention of this course is to provide students with a solid grasp of the essential practices and tools of employee recruitment and selection within a comprehensive human resource management strategy.
Specifically, the course has the following learning objectives:
- develop students’ understanding of how staffing strategies and decisions are developed and executed.
- ensure that students fully grasp the legal and ethical constraints and obligations associated with staffing.
- develop students’ grasp of the technical process of job analysis as the basis for staffing decisions.
- establish students’ understanding of the various modes and means of employee recruitment.
- develop students’ grasp of the various tools and techniques used in selecting employees from among job applicants.
- enable the students to understand some of the key principles related to retention management.
Prerequisite: COMM 292 and one of COMM 203, COMM 392.