Capital Markets Training Program
Serious about landing a summer internship in the capital markets? Find out if a career in investment banking sector is right for you by taking the Capital Markets Training Program. The program will introduce you to evaluation /modelling (technical) skills as well as other important knowledge needed to break into a career in the capital markets.
The program prepares finance students for a career in the capital markets and investment banking and showcases the quality of UBC Sauder students to capital markets employers. The program provides access to high-quality online technical workshop training by a leading organization that offers new hire training to banks around the world.
Acceptance is based on your:
- Potential for a career in Capital Markets
- Understanding of the skills required to succeed
- Academic history and extracurricular activities
- Group intake interview will be conducted.
Program timeline: May - July (mid) 2022
When to apply: March
Information Session: March 1st, 2022
*Please sign up for the session on COOL under workshops.
This program is open to BCom Year 2 and Year 3, Co-op students who:
- Must be looking to apply for internships of summer 2022
- Must be returning to full-time studies in September 2023
If accepted into the program, you will be expected to complete all aspects of the program, including workshops and homework assignments. You may also be selected for inclusion in our resume book that is sent to employers. Finally, you will be asked to sign an agreement to the following:
- To pay the program fee by the specified time
- To attend and fully participate in all workshops, prep sessions and events
- To complete all homework assignments stemming from workshops and any prep material prior to program
- To immediately inform the Business Career Center and Learning Strategies Group if you are unable to attend any session
- To complete all surveys and submit information requested about your employment search and its results
Please note that no refunds will be issued should you be unable to complete the program.
How to apply
Please note that there is one application form for applying to one of Capital Markets Training Program (CMTP), Finance Mentorship Program (FMP) or both.
Please submit your application to COOL (Jobs > Search) and include the following documents in your application:
- Completed FMP/CMTP Application Form (attached on the COOL job posting). Be sure to indicate which program(s) you are applying to on the attached application
- Current resume
- Most recent transcript (official on unofficial screenshot)
Group intake interviews for both programs will be conducted by the BCC.
Please direct any questions to Michael Clarke at email@example.com or 604.822.7786.
The UBC Sauder Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre thanks the CUS for their financial support of these programs.