Workshops & Events
The Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre (BCC) organizes various workshops and industry events throughout the year to help you explore your career interests, develop your skills, and make lasting connections with the business community.
Explore COOL and keep an eye on the BCom Careers Newsletter/Co-op Newsletter/Canvas announcements from the BCC for new events happening soon.
If you cannot fit live workshops or industry events hosted by the BCC into your schedule, you can watch available recordings through our Event Recording Canvas course.
Career development workshops
Every year our team hosts career development workshops to help get you career-ready. Register on COOL for the upcoming Summer Internship Workshop Series:
- Personal Branding: Tues, January 17, 2023, from 12:30 - 2 pm
- Job Search Strategies: Thurs, January 19, 2023, from 5 - 6:30 pm
- Resume & Cover Letter: Tues, January 24, 2023, from 5 - 6:30 pm
- Rock Your Interview: Thurs, January 26, 2023, from 5 - 6:30 pm
Alumni Panel Workshops
Ways to connect with employers
Company Information Sessions (CIS) and Company Networking Sessions (CNS)
Throughout the year we offer both Company Information (CIS) and Company Networking Sessions (CNS). At these events, you can learn about different companies in a wide variety of industries including:
- Real Estate
- Supply Chain
What's the difference between a CIS and CNS?
At CISs employers deliver a presentation to a large group of students about their company along with a short Q&A session to end the event. These events are a great way to learn about different companies - their recruitment process, culture, and job opportunities.
At CNSs you will have the opportunity to spend more face-to-face time connecting and interacting with industry professionals. These events are a great way to build meaningful and authentic connections with prospective employers.
Spring Networking Social
Practice your networking skills and learn about a wide range of industries in a fun, low-stress environment. Opportunities to make connections and build relationships with business professionals and alumni.
Date: March 2, 2023
*Register for the event on COOL.
The UBC Sauder Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre thanks the Commerce Undergraduate Society for supporting the Spring Networking Social.
Get involved on campus
Case competitions and conferences
By participating in student-led case competitions, conferences and club activities, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your classroom learning and meet people from the business community including potential employers.
- The UBC Sauder Summit Global Case Competition is organized and hosted by UBC Sauder students each March.
- The Case Competition Club organizes internal and external competitions including the National Strategy Consulting Competition and Conference and the Strategy Consulting Initiative.
- UBC Sauder also hosts annual conferences including Me Inc. and Imprint.
Look for opportunities to get involved throughout the year!