Workshops & Events
The Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre (BCC) organizes various workshops and industry events throughout the year to help you explore career interests, develop your skills and make lasting connections with the business community.
Career development programs and workshops
Summer Internship Series:
Visit COOL to register for workshops and see available summer positions!
Take the 5 steps towards landing a summer internship:
- Tips for Resume and Cover Letter Success (Jan 14 & Jan 16)
- Job Search Strategies to Land an Internship (Jan 22)
- Using LinkedIn to Optimize Your Job Search (Jan 30)
- Rock Your Interview (Feb 4)
- Get Ready for Success in the Workplace (Feb 27)
Ways to connect with employers
Company information Sessions
These events are a great way to learn about different companies, uncover job opportunities and connect with prospective employers. The Business Career Centre invests significant time and resources to develop relationships with employers, from diverse start-ups to global brands. Companies include:
- Accounting Firms: KPMG, Deloitte, PwC and EY
- Finance Firms: RBC, BMO, CIBC and Scotiabank
- Marketing Firms: P&G, Nestle, Nature's Path Foods and Pepsi Co.
- Technology Firms: Amazon, Salesforce and Best Buy Canada
- Consulting Firms: Deloitte, McKinsey and Accenture
- Real Estate Firms: GWL Realty Services, CBRE Limited and PCI Developments
- Supply Chain Firms: DHL and Pepsi Co.
Fall & Spring Networking Socials
The BCC hosts a Networking Social each term covering a wide range of industries including consulting, marketing, corporate finance, high tech, and mining. Learn from business professionals as they provide insight on what it’s like to work in their position, company and industry.
The UBC Sauder Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre thanks the Commerce Undergraduate Society for supporting the Spring and Fall Networking Socials.
Get involved on campus
Case competitions and conferences
By participating in student-led case competitions, conferences and club activities. You’ll have the opportunity to apply your classroom learning and meet people from the business community including potential employers.
- The UBC Sauder Summit Global Case Competition is organized and hosted by UBC Sauder students each March.
- The Case Competition Club organizes internal and external competitions including the National Strategy Consulting Competition and Conference and the Strategy Consulting Initiative.
- UBC Sauder also hosts annual conferences include Chasing Sustainability, Me Inc., and Imprint.
Look for opportunities to get involved throughout the year!
Explore your BCom options
Which BCom option is the right fit for me?
After your second year in the program, you can shape your own career path by choosing one of the BCom options. The Business Career Centre hosts an Options Night event to help you make the best decision.
Options Night (Fall 2020):
This event will help you make an informed and confident decision about your BCom option. Come out to hear faculty members speak about option courses and related career paths. Faculty, senior students, alumni, and option-related clubs will be there to share their academic and professional experiences. Full details are available on COOL.