Workshops & Events
The Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre (BCC) organizes various workshops and industry events throughout the year to help you explore your career interests, develop your skills, and make lasting connections with the business community.
Career development workshops
Every year our team hosts career development workshops to help get you career-ready. Look on to COOL to find and register for upcoming Summer Internship Workshop Series:
- Tips for Resume and Cover Letter Success: January 13, 2021 12:30-1:50PM and January 19, 2021 12:30-1:50PM
- Job Search Strategies to Land an Internship: January 18, 2021 10:00AM-11:20AM and January 26, 2021 12:30-1:50PM
- Using LinkedIn to Optimize Your Job Search: January 27, 2021 12:30-1:50PM
- Rock Your Interview: January 28, 2021 2:00-3:20PM and February 2, 2021 2:00-3:20PM
- Get Ready for Success in the Workplace: February 3, 2021 12:30PM-1:50PM and February 11, 2021 12:30PM-1:50PM
Ways to connect with employers
Company information Sessions
These events are a great way to learn about different companies, uncover job opportunities and connect with prospective employers. The Business Career Centre invests significant time and resources to develop relationships with employers, from diverse start-ups to global brands. Companies include:
- Accounting Firms: KPMG, Deloitte, PwC and EY
- Finance Firms: RBC, BMO, CIBC and Scotiabank
- Marketing Firms: P&G, Nestle, Nature's Path Foods and Pepsi Co.
- Technology Firms: Amazon, Salesforce and Best Buy Canada
- Consulting Firms: Deloitte, McKinsey and Accenture
- Real Estate Firms: GWL Realty Services, CBRE Limited and PCI Developments
- Supply Chain Firms: DHL and Pepsi Co.
Spring Networking Social
The BCC hosts a Networking Social covering a wide range of industries including consulting, marketing, corporate finance, high tech, and mining. Learn from business professionals as they provide insight on what it’s like to work in their position, company and industry.
The UBC Sauder Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre thanks the Commerce Undergraduate Society for supporting the Spring Networking Social.
Get involved on campus
Case competitions and conferences
By participating in student-led case competitions, conferences and club activities. You’ll have the opportunity to apply your classroom learning and meet people from the business community including potential employers.
- The UBC Sauder Summit Global Case Competition is organized and hosted by UBC Sauder students each March.
- The Case Competition Club organizes internal and external competitions including the National Strategy Consulting Competition and Conference and the Strategy Consulting Initiative.
- UBC Sauder also hosts annual conferences include Chasing Sustainability, Me Inc., and Imprint.
Look for opportunities to get involved throughout the year!