Strategy Consulting Mentorship Program
Unique to UBC, the Strategy Consulting Mentorship Program (SCMP) provides an unparalleled opportunity for students to pursue a career in management consulting. Run by alumni who work in the strategy consulting industry, SCMP provides high performing students with the opportunity to take part in an intensive 3-4 month mentorship program that aims to prepare them for consulting interviews and life at a consulting firm.
SCMP was founded in 2007 with the purpose of providing UBC undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity to best prepare for interviews with the top global strategy consulting firms.
During this intensive program, mentees will attend multiple lectures, boot camps, resume reviews, and other coaching. SCMP requires a great deal of effort on the part of each participant and success in the program could lead to interviews with six or more of the top consultancies in the world.
This program is designed to lead students to internship positions at our partner firms. Interviews will be in December or January with summer internship positions starting in May or June. As consulting firms begin to hire more interns, we are adapting our program schedule to give UBC students the best opportunity to pursue a career in consulting.
Program timeline: September - November
When to apply: Please visit the SCMP website to learn more about the program.
This program is open to 2nd and 3rd year BComs and UBC Sauder graduate students.
The main focus of our Fall program is to prepare candidates for summer internship opportunities with our partner firms.
To be eligible for our Fall program, candidates must be:
- A current UBC student from any faculty or degree
- Able to participate in a summer internship
- A UBC student the following Fall (unless your program is 1 year long, e.g. MM, MBAN, MHLP)
Additional resources and mentorship may be provided to our successful graduates who later wish to apply for full-time opportunities.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet our eligible criteria (e.g. students already in their final year) may be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Note that we’ve historically accepted very few students in this category as our partner firms are:
- Increasingly focusing on their summer internship programs as the main funnels for their full-time hiring.
- Bucketing recent graduates along with the more competitive “experienced hires” stream rather than “on-campus recruiting”.
Students must commit 3-4 months to join this program.
For important program dates, please click here.
How to apply
To apply you'll need to submit your application through a Google Form. See the SCMP website for more details. Your application will include the following:
- 1 page resume
- Unofficial Academic Transcript (UBC or most recent academic institution)
- Cumulative GPA and/or GMAT*, GRE*, LSAT*
- Video Interview (approximately 4 minutes) - you'll receive a link to record your video after submitting your application
In order for SCMP to guarantee 1st round interviews for our successful graduates, our baseline admissions criteria mirror that of our partner firms. Visit the SCMP website to learn more about the selection criteria.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.