Apply your studies
With assistance from the Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre, you can secure relevant work experience during your studies. We can help you find summer jobs, part-time work and volunteer opportunities. These work experiences will enable you to build your resume, explore potential career paths and cover some of your expenses.
We also offer the Business Co-op Program, which allows you to integrate classroom learning with 12 months or more of paid work experience in your chosen field.
Check out the different ways you can get on-campus work experience – both paid and unpaid. You can:
- Hold a board or executive role with the Commerce Undergraduate Society
- Volunteer for one of more than 20 UBC Sauder student clubs
- Help organize student conferences and events
- Take part in UBC’s unique Work Learn Program, which will help you develop your professional skills and learn in a work environment
- Find a wide range of on-campus jobs, including work at the UBC Bookstore, libraries, UBC Rec, Student Housing and Hospitality, Food Services, UBC Annual Giving and Human Resources. Be sure to check COOL and CareersOnline for job openings.
- Help with student orientations
- Get involved in undergraduate research through Commerce Scholars and other programs
- Join the UBC Blog Squad
- Participate in peer programs as a student coach, advisor, or ambassador
In the community
There are lots of great opportunities to build your skills and make connections off campus. Here are a few of them:
- Business Co-op Program
- Summer, part-time and volunteer positions
- Industry event and conference volunteer opportunities
- Reading week placements
- Grants for self-directed community projects
- International Service Learning
- Trek Programs, to explore what it’s like to live and work in China, Calgary and Toronto