Work experience that pays…yes, really.
With the Co-op Program you'll get a full year of work experience that is relevant to your BCom option and you’ll get paid to do it. So when you graduate, you’ll have professional experience, new skills and a network to help you launch your career and put you on the fast track to success.
You can apply to the Co-op Program at the beginning of your second or third year of your studies at UBC Sauder. You must be enrolled full-time and meet minimum academic requirements. Once accepted into the program, you will alternate four- or eight-months of full-time work with academic terms. Participation in the Co-op program will add one to two terms to the completion of your degree.
- Business and Computer Science
- Business Technology Management
- General Business Management
- Global Supply Chain & Logistics Management
- Operations and Logistics
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources
- Real Estate
Did you know?
Over the course of the program you’re likely to earn more than $34,000, nearly 1/3 of Co-op grads are hired by their employer for permanent roles, and 91% of 2017 Co-op grads were employed within six months of graduation.
10 reasons to join Co-op
No matter who you are or what career path you are interested in, the Co-op Program will help you to:
- Explore career options by working in different jobs
- Boost your classroom learning with real-world experience
- Get relevant work experience that you can use to launch your career after graduation, perhaps with one of your Co-op employers
- Help finance your degree
- Develop skills that will be critical to your professional development and may lead to your dream career.
- Expand your professional network
- Experience the culture and work environment of multiple companies
- Access mentor opportunities with experienced Co-op students and alumni
- Learn about career paths that you never knew existed
- Benefit from personalized career support offered by the Co-op Team
On the third week of my Co-op at PepsiCo, I was flown to Calgary to present the staffing process to all HR managers and directors in Canada West.Maggie Kong, HR Co-op
Working with adidas and Heineken really helped me understand the job segments that interest me and I’m passionate about. And isn’t that the ultimate goal? After all, you don’t want to be doing something you don’t love!Celine Grootes, Marketing Co-op