Trek New York
You’ll get the chance to:
- Visit a wide range of companies, learn about their business and potential career opportunities
- Expand your professional network with company reps and alumni
- Meet UBC alumni living and working in New York
- Hold pre-arranged meetings of your own
- Get a sense of the New York job market and city culture
- Make friends and have fun with a great group of UBC Sauder students
Visits typically last up to two hours and include a presentation, office tour and networking with key representatives.
Company visits have been confirmed with the following companies (additional companies will be confirmed later this summer):
The next Trek New York program will take place over 2 days in September 2017. The application deadline is June 2017.
The Trek New York program fee will be around $900 (subject to change), which goes towards the cost of the flight, hotel, and transportation. Students must pay for their own meals.
Applicants to the Trek New York Program are assessed on the following criteria:
- 3rd or 4th year BCom students
- Interest in working in New York
- Interest in working in capital markets
- Strong academic record
- Interview Stream submission
- Career goals and skills
- Extracurricular activities
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to be a UBC Sauder ambassador