Trek London and Dublin
Want to build your network in leading global cities?
During Trek London and Dublin, you‘ll visit a wide range of companies, meet company reps, connect with local alumni and get a feel for the cities' business cultures.
You’ll get the chance to:
- Visit a wide range of companies, learn about their business and potential career opportunities
- Expand your professional network with company reps and alumni
- Meet UBC alumni living and working in London and Dublin
- Hold pre-arranged meetings of your own
- Get a sense of the London and Dublin job markets and city cultures
- Make friends and have fun with a great group of UBC Sauder students
Visits typically last up to two hours and include a presentation, office tour and networking with key representatives.
Companies that have hosted past Trek London and Dublin visits include:
Trek London and Dublin takes place during even years only (i.e. 2018, 2020, 2022).
The next Trek London and Dublin program will take place over 5 days in May 2018. The application deadline is January 2018.
The Trek London and Dublin program fee ranges from $400 to $600, which goes towards the cost of the hotel and organized ground transportation. Students must pay for their own flight, meals, and personal ground transportation.
Applicants to the Trek London and Dublin Program are assessed on the following criteria:
- 2nd, 3rd or 4th year BCom students
- Interest in working in London or Dublin
- Strong academic record
- Interview Stream submission
- Career goals and skills
- Extracurricular activities
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to be a UBC Sauder ambassador
I have learned so much about the job opportunities available in the UK and EU. It was great learning about both the differences and similarities in the markets there and in Canada.Trek London and Dublin student
The alumni mixer was awesome! It was a great venue and I spoke to a lot of really engaging and knowledgeable alumni.Trek London and Dublin student
I got to realistically see how the workforce and the working environment is in both London and Dublin. Since the two cities were such contrasts of one another, it gave me a good idea as to which kind of city I'd most like to work in, where I feel like I would excel, and confirmed my areas of interest.Trek London and Dublin student