Think Calgary is all about oil and gas? Think again.
Calgary is a young, entrepreneurial, affordable city. It's also home to 132 companies on the FP500 list, 8 of which are among the top 50 in Canada. Plus, it boasts some of the highest salaries per employee in the country.
You’ll get the chance to:
- Visit a wide range of companies and learn about job opportunities
- Expand your professional network
- Meet alumni living and working in the city
- Enhance your understanding of the Alberta job market
Visits typically last up to two hours and include a presentation, company tour, Q&A and/or networking session with key representatives.
Companies that have hosted past Trek Calgary visits include:
The next Trek Calgary program will take place over 3 days in August 2017. The application deadline is March 2017.
The Trek Calgary program fee ranges from $400 to $600, which goes towards the cost of the flight and hotel. Students must pay for their own meals and ground transportation.
Applicants to the Trek Calgary Program are assessed on the following criteria:
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th year BCom students and MBA students
- Interest in working in Calgary and/or Alberta
- Strong academic record
- Group interview
- Language skills an asset, but not required
- Ability to be a UBC Sauder ambassador