Leading With Confidence Program
The Leading with Confidence Program is your opportunity to achieve the foundational skills, knowledge, and behaviours of effective and confident leadership.
- 1-on-1 Leadership Coaching sessions from a professional leadership coach.
- Skills development workshops delivered by industry leadership experts.
- Small mentorship groups with your peers, led by former program graduates.
- Access to exclusive online learning content.
To be an effective and confident leader, you must know what you stand for. No single type of leadership is best. You will be pushed to develop your own unique leadership style and will get the chance to define and test this style through self-reflection, professional leadership coaching, workshops, and small group discussions with your peers. What you learn is applicable to every area of your life, from speaking up in the classroom to influencing or leading teams in the workplace. By the end of this program you will:
- Feel more confident in taking leadership roles by understanding how you can use your own values and principles to approach challenges and guide decisions.
- More confidently communicate your values and strengths in class, group projects, networking events, informational interviews, job applications, and interviews.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how your emotional intelligence shows up in school, life, and work, and learn how to leverage your strengths and build on your areas of development (employers want to hire emotionally intelligent leaders!).
The program is open to BCom students entering Year 2, 3, or 4 in 2021W and who have completed COMM 202. Applicants must be in good academic standing.
- Self-development should be important to you and something that you want to take seriously. You will take responsibility for working through self-reflective exercises, and showing up prepared to workshops, group discussions, and individual leadership coaching sessions. You will have the support of the program manager, a mentor (senior student who is a program graduate), a leadership coach, and your peers to help you along the way, so you won’t be making the journey alone! Expect about 5 hours of work in total, per month. Most importantly, be ready to enjoy the ride!
- There is a $100 fee for the Leading with Confidence Program, payable once you have been accepted into the program.
- Workshops, peer mentorship sessions, and coaching sessions will run from September 2021 – March 2022.
Workshops will be held on occasional Saturdays. Attendance to ALL events (peer mentorship sessions, coaching, and workshops) will be mandatory.