Academic success coaching
Meet one-on-one with a senior UBC Sauder student to discuss any aspect of your academic life and get tips on how to succeed in your coursework, classes, and time at UBC.
Student coaches who know what it's like to learn and study at UBC Sauder are available to:
- work with you to build an individual study plan
- improve your note taking and time management skills
- discuss exam writing strategies
- give you the inside scoop on getting involved
- help you prioritize competing commitments
- be a sounding board for your academic planning
If you want to improve your academic performance or learn more about getting involved in opportunities outside the classroom, a coaching appointment is a good place to start. The Academic Success Coaching (ASC) program runs weekly throughout the winter term in the Canaccord Learning Commons (CLC) room 205.
Students are encouraged to sign up for coaching on COOL under Workshops tab. Drop-in appointments are also offered subject to availability.
- Academic Success Coaching is not available until the Fall of 2018! Have a great summer - from the ASC team!
Want see a specific coach? Click on their bios below to see when they are in!
Meet the coaches:
Our coaches have a range of interests and experience, but are all eager to help their fellow UBC Sauder students since they've been there too. You can contact the coaches at email@example.com
- Meet our new ASC team in the Fall of 2018!
Tips and tricks from the coaches:
Study the hard stuff first. As you get closer to the test, you'll know what you need to review more closely.
Try explaining tricky concepts out loud to a friend or classmate. This will help the information stick better than just reading or writing it down.
Take a break or go for a walk! Getting rest, staying active, and taking time to eat a balanced meal will all help you focus and improve information retention.
Want to know what else we offer?