Sales Mentorship Program
If you're an energetic and motivated individual looking to explore a career in sales and business development, the UBC Sauder Sales Mentorship Program might be the right opportunity for you.
Led in collaboration with the Business Career Centre (BCC), UBC Sauder faculty, and industry partners/employers, the Sales Mentorship Program (SMP) is a recruitment-focused partnership with sales and business development professionals designed to inspire students to explore careers in this industry.
Under the direction of experienced sales professionals from top Canadian sales organizations, you'll participate in a learning program that will incorporate both the science and art of sales through workshops and hands on experience.
All students accepted into the program are eligible to participate in the SMP workshops and employer networking events this term. However, only twenty students will be selected for job-shadowing opportunities.
- Help students to understand sales industry career opportunities
- Develop skills and bridge the 'sale skill gap' (Workshop - October 2019)
- Connect students and key sales industry employers (Networking Event - November 2019)
- 20 students & 10 employers (Tech, banking, etc., inc. P&G, Salesforce)
- 2 ride-alongs (January - March 2020, exact date TBD)
Program timeline: September – March
When to apply: September
By participating in this program, you will be paired with leading sales organizations to:
- Explore career paths and opportunities in the sales industry.
- Develop key contacts through networking events.
- Improve your sales skills by participating in workshops.
- Connect with industry professionals to gain insights into recruitment and career success through job shadowing.
This program is open to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year BComs, and MMs.
In order to fully participate in the mentorship program, you will have to take part in:
- Two ride-alongs (total 4 hours).
- A panel discussion and workshop (total 4 hours).
- A focus group discussion at the end of the program.
Please note, it is mandatory to attend all fall sessions to be eligible for the job shadows.
How to apply
Please submit your application to COOL (Jobs > Search) and include a cover letter OR a short statement of interest in your application.
Why join SMP?
"The Sales Mentorship Program expanded and opened my perspective into the world of sales, a field that was particularly unknown and new to me before the program. I had the opportunity to be selected to learn different sales strategies in business development. I also learned about sales pitches through attending several SMP workshops throughout the year. This program has taught me the foundations of sales and I highly recommend the program to anyone who is interested to learn more about sales!" - Annie L., Marketing & OBHR Student