Co-op eligibility and requirements
The Co-op Program recruits second and third year BCom students who are succeeding in their studies and are actively working on their career progression.
What do you need to be eligible?
Students can apply in September of their second or third year of studies at UBC Sauder:
- You must be a full-time student during every academic term.
- You must commit to completing a minimum of 3 work terms, one of which must be either in the fall or winter terms, and understand that participating in Co-op will delay your graduation.
- You must have achieved a minimum grade average of 72%.
*Calculate the average grade for all the post-secondary courses you have completed to date.
Meeting the above requirements does not mean you will be automatically accepted into the Co-op Program. There is also a competitive application process that you can read about here.
If you’re an international student and are interested in participating in the Co-op Program, the Co-op Office (in the Business Career Centre) will help you obtain a Co-op work permit once you’re accepted into the program. This will allow you to work full-time, off campus at any time of the year.
Co-op fees help to cover the operations of the Business Co-op Program including salaries, administration, business development, and individual coaching. As well, some of these fees go toward recruiting Co-op employers, providing networking opportunities, scheduling job interviews, and facilitating on-site visits in the workplace. They are payable in installments as follows:
- One time workshop and administration fee of $251.75, payable upon acceptance into the program to the UBC Sauder School of Business. This fee also covers mandatory pre-employment training workshops. These workshops, held in Term 1 and Term 2, prepare you for the job search process, help you transition into the workplace, and are a requirement for all Co-op Programs as defined by the Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning Canada (CEWIL Canada).
- Course tuition fee for each Co-op work term of $774.75, payable to UBC. For each Co-op work term you will be registered in a course (e.g. Comm 380 - WORKTERM I)
*Please note these fees are subject to change as per UBC tuition guidelines.