Peter Lee Scholarships in Finance
Applications are now being accepted for one of four awards of $5,000 each under the Peter Lee Scholarships in Finance. The recipients will be individuals with a strong interest in finance and a high degree of motivation for a career in the capital markets.
- 3rd or 4th-year UBC Sauder School of Business undergraduate student in the Finance option
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Evidence of leadership skills and/or the ability to work well in groups
- Evidence of a desire for a career in the capital markets
In addition, you must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a 17W (2017/18 Winter Session) scholarship:
- Minimum credits in 16W: 27 percentage-graded credits taken in the BCom program
- Students new to the BCom program are not eligible
- Minimum overall average in 16W: 75% with no failed courses or missing grades
- Minimum credits in 17W: 24 credits
- Exceptions to this rule are for students who are in their final year and do not need 24 credits in 17W to graduate.
- Note: to be eligible for 17W scholarships, you must be registered in 27 percentage-graded credits in 16W
- A co-op work-term is counted as one-half of the credits required for scholarship purposes. If you were on a co-op term in 16W, you must have completed at least 13.5 percentage-graded credits in the other term. If on co-op for one term in 17W, 12 credits of course work in the other term is required.
- Grades obtained on exchange in 16W will be including in meeting any average requirement. Credits taken on exchange in 16W or 17W will be included in meeting any credit requirement.
Application Process: Applicants must submit:
- A cover letter stating why they deserve the scholarship
- A 1-page resume
- A list of all university (UBC or elsewhere) grades (this can be an official or an unofficial, but accurate, transcript)
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 16 January 2018
Submit applications to:
Ms. Sally Bei
Finance Divisional Assistant
HA 866 (8th floor of the Henry Angus Office Wing)
Questions can be directed to:
Professor Robert Heinkel
UBC Sauder School of Business
Scholarship recipients will be notified within 1-2 weeks after the application deadline.